Monday, August 4, 2008

The Party is Over...

I just wanted to write a post to kind of wrap things up after our reunion. I am finally back at home after being at the reunion and then time at the lake... back to reality I guess.

I think we all had a great time and I know it went by too fast for me! Many of you thanked me for the hard work, but I want to thank all of you for first of all coming and helping find all of our classmates!! Thank you to many of you, but especially Tyree for updating me on so many of our classmates!!

Many of my friends here in Atlanta do not understand why I like to work on our class "stuff". And sometimes I wonder myself, but besides my complete need to organize an "event" I have to say that I really love our class. I think we are a unique group of friends. I didn't move to Opelika until I was 11 and none of my family lives there now, but I still consider Opelika my home, it's where I say I am from.

I love my classmates because they knew me when I wore glasses, had buck teeth, then braces and they still love me and accept me. And I knew you when you were not quite sure what to do with your hair, had acne, never should have worn that dress to prom, got in a fight with your friend, acted obnoxious, etc. etc., but I still love you and accept you.

I have to say when I saw many of you last Saturday it was like time had stood still. I work on this reunion "stuff" because I think we have a special class and I want us to be the class that is still getting together 50 years down the road... I hope you all feel the same way.

Many of you have started giving me ideas of what you would like to do for our 20th. The main idea has been "let's do this big" and I think I agree! But this one will be more difficult and I can't do it alone. First and foremost you must must must keep me updated with any address changes. My email address will not change: msmvance@bellsouth.net

So if you had a good time at our reunion and would like to donate to the 20th please send it to:
OHS Class of 1993
c/o Michelle Metzger Vance
2715 Battery Trace
Marietta, Georgia 30064
and you can make checks out to OHS Class of 1993

If you would like to help plan the 20th, email me and let me know.

When you are in Opelika and you are looking to get some people together, let me know I can put out an email!!

Thanks again for making our 15th great!!! Can't wait to see you all again!!!
Michelle

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.